How can I find out what zoning district my property is located in?

We recommend using the “Where Am I Brookline?” app to determine the zoning district for a particular parcel. Enter the address at the top and scroll to the “Zoning District” tab at the bottom of the screen.  Once you know your zoning district, you can refer to the Zoning By-Law for the requirements of that district.

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. What is zoning and why does my project require zoning relief?
3. What is a pre-existing non-conforming use?
4. What is an “as-of-right” project?
5. Why do I need zoning relief if my structure is non-conforming?
6. What are special permits and variances?
7. What is the zoning process in Brookline?
8. What is the difference between the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals?
9. How can I find out what zoning district my property is located in?
10. What is Floor Area Ratio (FAR) and how do I calculate it?
11. My neighbor is proposing a project that I am concerned about. What can I do?
12. I would like to put a shed/detached garage/AC condenser/generator on my property. Is this allowed?
13. I would like to add an in-law suite or accessory apartment to my home. Can I do this?
14. Do I need an attorney to file an application with a Board or Commission?
15. The ZBA voted to approve my application. Now what?
16. How long does the zoning process take?
17. Do my plans need to be drawn by a registered architect?
18. What are the regulations pertaining to signage for my business?
19. Where can I read zoning decisions on recent zoning cases?
20. How can I propose a zoning amendment?
21. What is a 40B project?
22. Can I subdivide my lot? What is an ANR plan?
23. How do I learn about Major Impact projects and Design Advisory Teams?
24. How do I learn about Town Meeting zoning amendments?
25. Learn about Brookline’s Climate Action/Sustainability initiatives?
26. Where can I review past meeting minutes?
27. There is construction taking place near me that is disruptive/causing a nuisance/does not seem to be following the plans/does not seem to have a work permit/etc. What can I do?