Account Linking means that payers are able to view and pay all open bills with a single transaction. When registering bills under the same email address, payers are given the option to link their related accounts.
Linked accounts provide the following efficiencies:
- Faster, simpler payments across bill types. For example, a customer with two real estate tax bills, one personal property tax bill and three motor vehicle excise bills can login to any one account and view, manage preferences (auto-pay, paperless settings, etc.), and pay all of the accounts at the same time.
- Linked accounts can access the same encrypted credit card and bank account information, so payers only need to enter it once.
- Multiple email notifications scheduled for the same day, are grouped into one email rather than sent separately.
- Upon receipt of the email notification, the payer can view or pay all bills together, including any open or unpaid bills from other bill types.
- Payment receipts are always sent out individually.
- Editing an email or password changes it for all accounts in the linked group.