Please click here to learn more about how to run and participate in remote meetings!
Economic Development Advisory Board
Lab & Bio/Life Sciences Subcommittee
February 16, 2021
All times approximate; items may be taken out of order.
Register to receive meeting link via confirmation email:
Or, for listen-only mode, join by phone: +1 669 254 5252 Webinar ID: 160 954 7556
8:30 am General discussion of how to organize work plan that feeds into a final report. Note charge of this Subcommittee:
EDAB is creating an ad hoc subcommittee to investigate and evaluate the addition of Research & Development and/or Laboratory Life Science and other related uses to the Brookline Zoning By-Law beyond the present GMR district at Brookline Place.
The ad hoc subcommittee will research market, design, safety, zoning, licensing, monitoring, financial, infrastructure and transportation requirements, community impacts and acceptance and other considerations germane to the topic. This work will be done in coordination with other ongoing or future planning efforts. The ad hoc subcommittee will endeavor to provide a draft report with preliminary recommendations to EDAB.
Specific discussion points to include:
- Review potential contacts and rough sequencing of topics to be investigated;
- How will community impacts and acceptance be determined;
- How will potential redevelopment sites be determined and are there any existing buildings that could be converted; and
- Recurring schedule for future meetings, recognizing need for flexibility for some industry guests.
- Potential roles (note taking, collecting relevant media articles, etc.)
9:45 am Other business, if any.