September 12, 2022
Pedestrian Advisory Committee, via zoom
Monday, September 12, 2022
Pedestrian Advisory Committee Meeting
September 12, 2022 • 7:00 PM • Remote via Zoom
+1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID: 826 2100 7660 Passcode: 905108
Meeting Documents available at
Note-taker: John Shreffler
Time estimates below are GUESSES, and may not accurately represent timing or length of topics
1. Public Comment Period for Issues Not on the Agenda
2. Review and Approval of Minutes of Aug 15, 2022 Meeting
3. (7:10pm) Snow Removal Warrant Article (Vogt & Swain)
Initial discussion of a possible recommendation to the Transportation Board
4. (7:35pm) Walkable Streets Document Work – Current Status
Discussion of feedback from Department of Public Works, if any to date
Does the current draft accomplish our original objectives, and if not, what additional or follow-up work is needed?
5. (8:00pm) Future Work of the Pedestrian Advisory Committee – Discussion
- Our draft Walkable Streets document sums up what we’ve learned and recommended over our 5.5 years of existence. It could take the Town decades to address the needs we’ve already identified, so what’s the best use of our Committee’s time going forward? (see discussion document)
- There is a need for continued outreach and advocacy on behalf of pedestrians at budget hearings, Select Board meetings, Town Meeting, and in other forums. Who does that?
- How can we promote ongoing Town-wide monitoring of pedestrian conditions and reporting problems --- neither DPW nor this Committee has the resources to do that.
- In the absence of enough staff support to even post meeting minutes (8 of last 10 not yet posted), how can the work of this Committee be made available to the public?
6. (8:45pm) Other Updates as appropriate and available
Identification of any other Fall Town Meeting Items Related to Pedestrians
7. (8:55pm) Committee Housekeeping
Next meeting: Tentatively Monday Oct 17, 2022. Note-Taker: TBD
Current plan is to meet on 2nd Monday of each month, except on Monday holidays, so future meetings to be on Nov 14, Dec 12, Jan 9, Feb 13, and so forth