Brookline will be hosting the US premiere of the movie Black Mass. This Red Carpet Event will be held at the Coolidge Corner Theatre on Tuesday September 15th. The event will be between the hours of 4PM-9PM. If possible, you should plan ahead and choose another course of travel. During this event, traffic patterns and parking will be significantly impacted in the Coolidge Corner area as follows:
PARKING - Posted "No Parking/Tow Zones":
· Harvard St between Beacon St and Babcock St. (both sides of street)
· Green St from Harvard St to John St.
· Babcock St from Harvard St to John St.
· The Large Centre Street parking lot will be closed starting at 8:00AM and remain closed all day.
ROAD CLOSURES - The following closures will take place at approximately 5:30 PM. These will remain in effect until approximately 9PM:
· Harvard St, northbound will be closed for vehicle traffic from Green St to Babcock St. This traffic will be detoured to Green St, to John St. to Babcock St. and back to northbound Harvard St. John St will be blocked at Pleasant St to prevent vehicle travel north to Green St.
· Harvard St, southbound, will be blocked at Williams St. Vehicles will be detoured Williams St to Centre St to Beacon St to Harvard St.
CROWD MANAGEMENT/SAFETY: Barricades will be deployed in the immediate area of the ‘red carpet’ activities. Officers will be assigned to locations to ensure public safety is maintained for pedestrian movement.
Access to the businesses on the Southbound side of Harvard Street, such as CVS and GAP stores, will be open to the public. People may find it easier to avoid the crowds and use the back entrances from the Centre Street lot.
MBTA: The MBTA 66 Bus headed to Alston will not be impacted. The opposite direction headed towards Brookline Village will be impacted. The bus will be using the same detours as above, turning at Williams Street onto Center Street, taking Center out to Beacon and then right onto Harvard Street. There will not be a stop at the North side of the Intersection of Harvard and Beacon. Please note that the Green Line will not be impacted by this event.
The Town is looking forward to hosting this major Hollywood event and hopes the inconveniences are outweighed by the spotlight on our great community.