Bus Shuttles Replace Green Line D Service in September and October
Due to major infrastructure projects on the D Branch, bus shuttles will replace train service on some weekends in September and all weekends in October 2019.
Shuttles will replace service the following weekends between Newton Highlands and Kenmore:
• September 14 – 15
for track work at Brookline Hills related to the Brookline High School Expansion Project; and signal and electrical work between Newton Highlands and Reservoir
• September 21 – 22
for track, signal and electrical work between Reservoir and Beaconsfield; and signal work between Newton Highlands and Chestnut Hill
• All October weekends for flood control work at Fenway Portal; and signal and electrical work from Newton Highlands to east of Beaconsfield
Additional weekend bus shuttles in 2019 and 2020 will be announced. Weeknight shuttles between Newton Highlands and Kenmore will also continue through December 2019. Please visit the Green Line D Shuttles page for details.
Customers should anticipate adding 15 minutes to their normal trip during this time. Please note that there will be no shuttle bus service to or from Beaconsfield Station. Customers should instead use Dean Road on the Green Line C branch.
If you own or manage a rental property, please share this information with your tenants. We can also provide this information in alternate languages
For more information:
• Visit the project website, mbta.com/GreenLineD
• Want to report a noise complaint or issue? Please call the 24/7 noise hotline at: 508-676-3550
• If you have questions, please email the project team: DBranchInfo@MBTA.com
• Visit mbta.com/alerts for the latest service alerts
The schedule for this infrastructure project is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.