Welcome to the web page for the Town Administrator’s office.
Chief Administrative Officer
The Town Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer of the town in accordance with a special act of the Legislature (as amended). The Town Administrator provides policy recommendations to the Select Board and implements policies adopted by the board. The Administrator carries out the following tasks:
- Recommends to the Select Board the appointment of most department heads
- Supervises the activities of municipal departments
- Prepares the annual budget and capital improvement plan
- Manages the business and administrative affairs of the town
The Town Administrator’s staff also administers the operation of the Select Board, including the licensing of many business activities and the support for the many boards and committees of the town.
Contacting the Department
Please feel free to contact any of us at any time by email, phone, visit or other means during office hours. We seek to respond to all citizen queries and concerns as quickly as possible.
Access the following Town Administrator personnel in order to contact them via email:
- Email Mel Kleckner, Town Administrator
- Email Melissa Goff, Deputy Town Administrator
- Email Justin Casanova-Davis, Assistant Town Administrator
- Email Devon Fields, Administrative Services Director
- Email Kate MacGillivray, Senior Clerk/Recording Secretary
- Email Tiffany Souza, Administrative Assistant - Licensing
Brookline Budget Forum
Town Administrator Mel Kleckner announces that Brookline residents are invited to a virtual information session via zoom Thursday, January 14, on the town’s budgeting process. You can find the Budget Forum presentation linked here and the video below.
Driscoll School Project
Click here and here for estimates of the average tax impact to various classes of taxpayers of the Driscoll School debt exclusion based on the appropriation voted by Town Meeting at the November 2019 Special Town Meeting..
I am delighted to announce that the Town’s FY19 Financial Plan was awarded the Outstanding Budget Presentation (PDF) by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Aaa Bond Rating Reaffirmed
I am pleased to announce that on March 11, 2019, Moody’s reaffirmed the Town’s Aaa bond rating. Brookline is one of just 14 communities in Massachusetts that has been assigned the Aaa rating by Moody’s. Access the report (PDF).