The Preservation Commission is proceeding to accept and process local historic district and demolition review applications consistent with its standard procedures to the extent possible. Public hearings will continue to be held virtually on ZOOM for the time being.
The Planning Department’s Preservation staff work to promote the protection, restoration, and preservation of the Town’s historical and cultural assets; to encourage a healthy preservation and development climate; and to provide homeowners and Town agencies with historical and technical advice on appropriate restoration procedures.
These objectives are accomplished by completing the following:
- Processing Local Historic District, and Demolition applications
- Working with the Planning Board and Board of Appeals on design review and zoning cases
- Offering technical assistance to property owners, developers and town agencies
- Participating in the environmental review process when the use of federal or state monies or approval may affect National or State Register property
- Updating and adding new building and area inventory forms through survey projects
- Sponsoring public education activities
- Sponsoring annual preservation awards
The Regulatory Planning Division provides support to the Preservation Commission by coordinating applicant's submissions, scheduling meetings, managing deadlines, and providing professional preservationist analysis and recommendations.
Rules and Regulations
The Brookline Preservation Commission has approved Rules and Regulations (PDF). They define the powers, functions, and duties of the commission as well as explain the Local Historic District process and the Demolition Delay process.
|BPC Meeting Dates||Application Deadlines *12:00 PM on date listed*|
|11/01/2022||10/11/2022 ***Please note change of date!|