Outdoor Dining Program

Page last updated on 2/28/2022 @ 9:30am

Applications Now Open for New Outdoor Seating License 

New Outdoor Dining Program Regulations and Guidelines: Effective April 1, 2022

Application materials for the Town of Brookline's new Outdoor Seating License for Common Victualler restaurants are now available. 

The online application portal will open on Friday, February 18, 2022. Visit the Town's online application portal to apply for an Outdoor Seating License. Step-by-step instructions for the online application process will be available here.

A recording of an info session, hosted on February 25, 2022, about how to apply for the new outdoor seating license is available here. The slide deck from that virtual info session is available here.

Common Victuallers interested in offering outdoor seating located on public property (i.e. sidewalk or on-street outdoor seating), should carefully review the new Outdoor Dining Program Regulations & Guidelines (including the license fee structure), as well as the additional materials for review listed below. Documents for submission (listed below) should be completed and submitted as separate attachments via the online application portal. 

Application Documents Required for All Applicants:Related Documents for Review and Reference:
Other Application Documents (only required if applicable):
  • Fire Department Liquid Propane Outdoor Patio Heater Permit
  • Certificate of Liquor Liability Insurance
  • Proof of Consent by Third Parties
  • Building Department Permit for Tents Exceeding 120 sq. ft. 
  • Building Department Permit for On-Street Outdoor Seating Structures with Roofs
Additional Application Reference Materials:

Town of Brookline’s Snow Removal By-Law

Questions? Contact Tiffany Souza, Licensing Specialist, at tsouza@brooklinema.gov.