The Treasurer/Collector is responsible for the billing, collecting, and investing of all Town funds including real estate and personal property taxes, motor vehicle excise tax, water/sewer bills, refuse pick-up collection fees, and federal, state, and county reimbursements, as well as a myriad of miscellaneous departmental service charges, permits, licenses, and fees.
The Division also administers and arranges for the timely disbursement of all warrants for payment to vendors, town employees, and retirees and is responsible for the administration of the Town's debt program.
All credit card payments made at Town Hall or online will be charged a non-refundable convenience fee by our credit card processor. The Town of Brookline receives no portion of this fee.
- The fee for using credit cards is 2.95% with a minimum charge of $1.00.
- The fee for using electronic checks is $0.40.
The convenience fee will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your credit card or bank statement.
Online Bill Pay
- Motor Vehicle Excise Tax
- Past Due Excise Bills
- Personal / Real Estate Property Tax
Due dates are:
- August 1st
- November 1st
- February 1st
- May 1st
- Water / Sewer Bill
- Refuse Bills
Call Brookline’s 24-Hour Payment Line at 844-234-3779 (convenience fee charges apply)
Municipal Lien Certificate (MLC)
A Municipal Lien Certificate (MLC) lists the outstanding tax and utility bill liabilities on a property at a particular point in time.
- The cost of an MLC is $65.00. ($80.00 effective December 31, 2019)
- Forward a check and self-addressed stamped envelope to the Treasurer/Collector.
- Please allow 10 business days for processing.