Andrew M. PappastergionPublic Works Commissioner
333 Washington St.
Brookline, MA 02445
Phone: 617-730-2156Fax: 617-713-3727
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 12:30pm
**Refuse collection will be interrupted on Monday, 10/14/19. Residents shall place refuse out for collection one (1) day later than their usual collection day. This includes residents whose collection day is Friday, putting their refuse out for Saturday pick up.**
Protect the public health and safety of the Town of Brookline by providing quality municipal solid waste services and environmental programs that are safe, efficient, cost effective, and environmentally responsible.
Programs and services include the following:
- Automated single-stream recycling collection
- Solid Waste curbside collection
- Residential curbside yard waste collection
- Residential curbside bulky item collection
- Hazardous waste drop off
- When is my trash and recycling picked up?
- Where does my trash and recycling go?
- How do I get a blue recycling cart?
- What happens if my collection day falls on a holiday?
- What do I do with my hazardous waste?
- What do I do with my hazardous waste in the winter?
- Are there any restrictions on what I can put in my trash?
- What are special pickups?
- Who do I call if I see illegal dumping?
- What should I do with yard waste?