View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
September 5, 2017, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM @ Public Health Building - Denny Room
CDICR- Education and Outreach Committee
Brookline Public Health Building- Denny Room
September 5th, 2017
1. Welcome and Request for minute taker 6:30-6:40
2. Discussion of next event 6:40-7:00
3. Take ideas for future events 7:00-7:30
4. Discussion of Brookline day 7:30- 7:50
5. Open floor to any questions 7:50-7:59
6. Close and adjourn meeting 7:59-8:00
September 7, 2017, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM @ Public Health Building - Library Meeting Room
COMMISSION FOR DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
Fair Housing Committee Meeting and Agenda
The next meeting of the Fair Housing Committee will be held at 6:30PM on Thursday September 7, 2017 on the 2nd floor library of the Public Health Building. Members of the Commission and the public are invited to attend.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Approval of minutes of the August meeting of the Committee.
2. Continue discussion of the comprehensive fair housing training program to be executed in 2018 in collaboration with the Housing and Community Development Dept.
3. Further consideration of discrimination in housing sales and lending practices in Brookline.
4. New business.
5. Schedule next meeting.
6. Adjourn no later than 8:00PM.
September 11, 2017, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM @ Town Hall - Room 308
Brookline Commission For Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Relations (DICR)
Sanctuary City Policy Working Group Meeting Announcement and Agenda
Monday, September 11, 2017 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Town Hall- Room 308 (Employee Lounge)
1. Welcome and introductions. (1 min)
2. Approval of 7/31/17 minutes. (1 mins)
3. Discussion of second draft of proposed Town-wide policy regarding inquiry of citizenship or immigration status. (15 mins)
4. Discussion regarding immigration landing page on Town’s website. (30 mins)
5. New business. (13 mins)
The Working Group may hold a vote on any agenda items.
Time permitting, public comment will be taken at the end of the meeting or during the meeting at the chair’s discretion. 1 minute per comment or at the chair’s discretion. Members of the public are encouraged to email Anthony Naro with any written comments or suggestions relating to the agenda items. Copies will be provided at the meeting to members of the working group.
September 13, 2017, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM @ Public Health Building - Denny Room
Commission on Diversity, Inclusion and Community Relations
Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Denny Room – Public Health Building
1. Approval of note-taker and time-keeper for this meeting (6:30 – 6:35)
2. Review and vote on minutes of meeting on 8/16/17 (6:35 - 6:40)
3. Election of Officers [note that commissioners seeking election to office will place name in nomination and be prepared to make a brief statement] (6:40 – 6:50)
4. “Meet a Muslim” event (Kelly) (6:50 – 7:00)
5. Discussion and possible vote on warrant article proposing Gender-Neutral Language (Alex) (7:00 – 7:15)
6. Report from Outreach and Education Committee (Sean) (7:15 – 7:30)
7: Report from Fair Housing Committee (Sandy) (7:30 – 7:40)
8. Discussion on potential conflicts that may arise between CDICR and BoS due to GARE initiatives (Kelly) (7:40 – 8:00)
9. Recent and Upcoming Events and Meetings (8:00 – 8:10)
10. Reports from Commissioners, Liaisons, and CDO (8:10 - 8:20)
11. New Business (