During the winter months snow, ice, and freezing temps are always a possibility. Please take a few minutes to review our Winter Preparedness Tips:
* AlertBrookline: Being informed is extremely important! Anyone who lives, works, studies, plays, has relatives, owns property, etc can sign up to receive emergency notifications from the Town of Brookline. You choose how we contact you: phone, text, email (or any combination). Everyone in your home, office and dorm should sign up for AlertBrookline. Sign up for AlertBrookline.
* Hydrant Safety: Clear fire hydrants are a must when the snow comes! Use our online hydrant list and map to located hydrants near your home or office. Learn the proper way to clear your hydrant of snow and ice - every second counts in an emergency! (The Hydrant Map also includes catch basins - those should be clear, too!) Hydrant information can be found on the Brookline Fire Department FAQ webpage. To keep hydrants clear, please do the following:
* Sidewalk Snow & Ice Removal By-Law: Safe passage of pedestrians within the Town is especially important during the winter months. Please become familiar with the Removal of Snow and Ice From Sidewalks By-law which includes information for residents and business owners.
* Public Works Information Guide: The Department of Public Works Information Guide has useful year-round information, but please review the Winter Guide/Snow Regulations section (pages 6-8) with information for property owners, businesses and residents.
* Power Outages: Inclement weather often results in power outages. Please add Eversource as a contact in your mobile phone or address book. Their number is 800-592-2000. Never report outages via social media. Always call your utility provider to report outages.
* Stay Connected: Connect with us on social media! We use Facebook and Twitter to post news, alerts, and information! Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brooklinema and follow us on Twitter at @TownofBrookline. As a reminder, never use social media to report emergencies! Always call 911!
Thank you for taking the time to be prepared! We will continue to post information about snow and emergency preparedness throughout the winter season. In the event of an emergency, please call 911! Non-emergencies can be reported by calling the Brookline Police Department at 617-730-2222. Never use social media to report emergencies! Thank you for your cooperation!