The Engineering Division provides estimates, plans and descriptions for street layouts and street line locations. The division also provides general Engineering Services to numerous Town Departments, Boards and Commissions, including the Parks and Recreation Department, Community Planning Commission, Conservation Commission, Building Inspector, Zoning Board and School Department. Engineering assistance is also provided through a Construction Inspector/Engineering that is charged directly to projects.
- Preparation of plans, specifications and bidding documents for various construction projects involving the Town infrastructure;
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations relative to bidding contracts and the procurement of services;
- Overseeing and administering contracts and construction inspections relative to those contracts;
- Responding to citizen inquiries and complaints relative to Public Works projects and infrastructure;
- Providing technical support and engineering services to the other divisions of the Department as well as to other Town Departments, Boards and Commissions;
- Reviewing street opening requests by contractors and utilities and supervising the restoration of the Town’s infrastructure; and
- Reviewing plans for new subdivisions and ensuring the plans are in compliance with the Standards of the Town of Brookline.
Hours of operation: Mon-Thur: 8 am-5 pm & Fri 8 am-12:30 pm
Holiday & Weekends we are closed
Please click on the project link above for additional information and timeline on current Projects,Bids & Etc .