Chief Administrative Officer
The Town Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer of the town in accordance with a special act of the Legislature (as amended). The Town Administrator provides policy recommendations to the Board of Selectmen and implements policies adopted by the board. The Administrator carries out the following tasks:
- Recommends to the Board of Selectmen the appointment of most department heads
- Supervises the activities of municipal departments
- Prepares the annual budget and capital improvement plan
- Manages the business and administrative affairs of the town
Contacting the Department
Please feel free to contact any of us at any time by email, phone, visit or other means during office hours. We seek to respond to all citizen queries and concerns as quickly as possible.
Access the following Town Administrator personnel in order to contact them via email:
- Mel Kleckner, Town Administrator
- Melissa Goff, Deputy Town Administrator
- Austin Faison, Assistant Town Administrator
- Patricia Parks, Assistant to the Town Administrator
- Kate MacGillivray, Senior Clerk/Recording Secretary
- Brenda Costello, Senior Clerk (licensing)
- Khalella Willingham, Senior Clerk Typist
Override Study Committee
The Override Study Committee (OSC) was established by the Board of Selectmen in August, 2013. After many months of hard work, the OSC has submitted its Final Report. Visit the OSC's website for all information.
Also visit Override Central for all information related to the Board of Selectmen's review.
I am delighted to announce that the Town's FY16 Financial Plan was awarded the by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Aaa Bond Rating Reaffirmed
I am pleased to announce that on March 8, 2016, Moody's reaffirmed the Town's Aaa bond rating. Brookline is one of just 14 communities in Massachusetts that has been assigned the Aaa rating by Moody's. You can access the.
The Board of Selectmen set Tuesday, May 24, 2016 as the start date for the 2016 Annual Town Meeting. The Warrant opens on Thursday, February 11 and closes at noon on Thursday, March 10. All Town Meeting files can be accessed