Brookline DPW is Pleased to Announce
HPAYT Automated Trash Collection Begins May 30th
In the HPAYT Automated Waste Collection Program, waste carts are collected by a vehicle equipped with an automated arm. The arm lifts the waste cart from the ground and dumps the contents into the vehicle. Subscribers to Town Refuse Collection choose a black waste cart, from a variety of available sizes, that accommodates their weekly trash output. The DPW then delivers the cart to the customer. If a customer has more trash than their waste cart can hold in any given week, they may put any additional garbage in a purple plastic overflow bag imprinted with the Town seal. The overflow bag is placed next to the black trash cart.
HPAYT Pricing Structure
Rather than billing all customers at the same flat rate of $200 per year (as Brookline residents are accustomed), each account is billed at a tiered rate, where the size of the waste cart they choose determines their annual refuse costs. Subscribers will continue to receive quarterly bills.
Residents may choose from tThe annual refuse fee (billed quarterly) is based on one (1) trash cart per residential unit, and are invoiced based on the carts chosen, with two exceptions*:
- If there are more carts than residential units at a property, the customer will be invoiced according to the annual rate of the selected carts.
- If there are fewer carts than residential units at a property, the customer will be invoiced at the annual rate of the selected carts, or $190 per unit, whichever is higher.
*Changes made to cart size will be reflected in the next quarterly bill. No rebates are available if a customer exchanges for a smaller cart.
Purple Overflow Bags:
- 30 gallon; $15 for 5 bags
- Sold in local stores
Recycling carts are included in the annual refuse fee at no extra charge.
- Recycling carts are available in three (3) sizes: 35 gallon, 65 gallon (standard), 95 gallon
- Customers may request an additional recycling cart without impacting their annual refuse fee.
- This $25.00 fee covers the costs associated with retrieving, cleaning, and delivering carts.
- During the grace period of May 30th - June 16th, the Cart Service Fee will be waived. Requests received after June 16th will be subject to the Cart Service Fee.
If you need a trash or recycling cart, click here to fill out a delivery request.
HPAYT News & Updates
- 5/25/2017: Due to the volume of cart change requests, please allow 30 days for delivery of any requested carts.
- 5/15/2017: Customers may request changes to their carts by clicking on the Cart Swap button to the left of this message.
- 5/8/2017: Cart delivery has begun, and will continue through May 26th.
- 3/22/2017: The cart selection period has ended, and no further orders can be accepted. If a waste cart was not selected by the March 13th deadline, one (1) 35 gallon waste cart has been ordered for each residential unit on the account.
- 3/10/2017: The deadline for cart selection has been extended to March 13, 2017.