Building Committee for Brookline High School Expansion Project
Brookline High School is currently experiencing the initial wave of rapid enrollment growth that will increase the student body from 1,800 students in 2015 to at least 2,600 or more students by 2023. Anticipating this growth, the School Committee, School Department, and Board of Selectmen have been moving forward on developing expansion plans.
Email a question or a comment regarding the BHS Expansion.
To sign up to receive regular email updates on the BHS Expansion, click here and select the "Building Committee for Brookline High School Expansion Project."
- The Building Committee shall advise and support the Building Commission, Board of Selectmen and School Committee in connection with their authority and responsibilities for the construction and alteration of town buildings and structures under Article 3.7 of the General By-Laws of the Town of Brookline.
- The Building Committee shall also be the main body responsible for engaging and informing the public on the project.
- The Building Committee shall work with the Project Manager and consultants in support of the project. The Project Manager shall attend all the meetings of the Building Committee and serve as the Committee’s staff person.
- The Building Committee shall be concerned with all aspects of the project including budget, schedule, safety, public relations coordination of town agencies, logistics, and contract compliance.
The members of the BHS Expansion Building Committee are:
- George Cole, Co-Chair – Building Commission
- Nancy Heller, Co-Chair – Selectmen
- Susan Wolf Ditkoff, Co-Chair – School Committee
- Nancy O'Connor – Park and Recreation Commission Member
- Ian Roffman – School Parent Community Representative
- Jordan Meranus – School Parent Community Representative
- Matthew Oudens – Greater BHS Community Representative
- Bobbie Knable – Greater BHS Community Representative
- Mel Kleckner – Town Administrator or designee
- Daniel Bennett – Building Commissioner or designee
- Andrew Bott – Superintendent of Schools
- Mary Ellen Dunn – Deputy Superintendent of Administration and Finance
- Nicole Gittens – Deputy Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- Anthony Meyer – Brookline High School Headmaster
- Jenee Ramos – Brookline High School Dean
- Nicholas Gerszten – Student Representative
- Ray Masak – Project Manager, Building Department
Winter/Spring 2016: This winter and spring the Brookline High School Expansion Working Group has taken steps to advance the process to expand and renovate BHS. The working group is made up of BHS teachers, staff, coordinators, district administrators, and school committee members.